GEOLOGY QUEST INSTRUCTIONS
Discover geological treasures as you go on a quest to explore an Erupting Excavation that bubbles, sizzles, and fizzes away to reveal the specimens inside.
WARNING: CONTAINS SMALL PARTS – EYE PROTECTION MUST BE WORN WHILE EXCAVATING – DO NOT CONSUME
VIDEO TUTORIAL COMING SOON!
- REMOVE AND SET ASIDE ALL CONTENTS FROM BOX
- EMPTY DRAWSTRING BAG
- FILL A SMALL BOWL OR CUP WITH WATER
- PLACE THE EXCAVATION IN A TRAY OR ON A PLATE
- USE THE PIPETTE TO DRIP WATER ON THE EXCAVATION
- REMOVE AND RINSE SPECIMENS
- POLISH SPECIMENS WITH MOIST TOWELETTE
- MATCH TRADING CARD WITH SPECIMEN (STORE IN BINDER SHEET IF INCLUDED)
- ARRANGE SPECIMENS ON SPECIMEN DISPLAY CARD
- STICK ON KIT NAME AND SPECIMEN LABELS
- USE GLUE DOTS TO STICK SPECIMENS TO BLACK DOT THAT CORRESPONDS WITH SPECIMEN LABEL
- PUT CLEAR LID ON BOX TO COMPLETE SPECIMEN DISPLAY
- STORE TIN, MAGNIFYING GLASS, AND OTHER MATERIALS IN DRAWSTRING BAG
- ENJOY MYSTERY ITEM!
- PLACE PASSPORT STAMP STICKER ON EXCAVATING ADVENTURES PASSPORT
- LOG SPECIMENS ONLINE TO COLLECT POINTS
NEW ROCK COLLECTING KIT ITEM – PIPETTE – A PIPETTE CAN BE USED TO COLLECT VERY SMALL SPECIMENS.
A GEOLOGIST IS A SCIENTIST THAT STUDIES WHAT THE EARTH IS MADE OF AND HOW IT WAS FORMED.
Each kit comes with a bottle, white box, and burlap bag. These items can be used to grow collections. The burlap bag can be carried on rock hunts to collect specimens. The bottle can be used to display small rocks and pebbles, and the white box can used to display larger specimens.
Join a free live session to ask questions about this kit, learn tips and tricks, and get help identifying specimens! Use the code FREEPASS to get one free month of full access to tons of live courses, demonstrations, interactive experiments and more here!
Be sure to log your specimens to earn free gift cards here.