PEEPS PLAYDOUGH SENSORY SEARCH
This super quick and easy tutorial will show you how to make a Peeps Playdough Sensory Search that your young Excavating Adventurers will love exploring for the hidden jelly beans inside!
Pro tip: Peeps Playdough is not recommended for a snack, but it can be tasted!
- 12 Bunny shaped Peeps. Make sure the Peeps are all the same color.
- 12-16 Tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoon Crisco
- Mixing bowl
- Jelly beans to search for and discover.
Pro tip: Have some Easter shaped cookie cutters available. Your Excavating Adventurers can use these to cut fun shapes out of the Peeps Playdough.
Subscribe to Excavating Adventures YouTube channel and enjoy our super easy and fun DIY excavation videos!
Check out our awesome $1 excavation offers by clicking the image below.
- Add the Peeps, flour, and Crisco to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir the ingredients together.
- Heat in short intervals of 15 seconds if additional softening of the ingredients is needed.
- Once you are unable to stir the ingredients with the spoon, remove the Peeps Playdough from the bowl and knead with your hands.
- If the Peeps Playdough is sticky, add extra flour a little at a time.
- Fold some jelly beans into the dough.
- Provide a clean surface and allow your young Excavating Adventurers to explore the Peeps Playdough and discover the hidden jelly beans.
Pro tip: Encourage younger Excavating Adventurers to sort the jelly beans by color.
Pro tip: This is a fun and easy little sensory excavation activity that is very inexpensive. You can even make different colored batches of Peeps Playdough by using different colors of Peeps!
I hope you enjoyed this super quick tutorial and had fun creating your own Peeps Playdough Sensory Search to investigate and explore. This sensory activity is very easy to make and a lot of fun around Easter!
If you love rocks, geology, and excavating as much as we do, be sure to check out our Excavating Adventures monthly subscription by clicking the link below and get an awesome new excavation delivered each month loaded with rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils, and more!