PEEPS PLAYDOUGH SENSORY SEARCH
- 12 Bunny shaped Peeps. Make sure the Peeps are all the same color.
- 12-16 Tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoon Crisco
- Mixing bowl
- Jelly beans to search for and discover.
Pro tip: Have some Easter shaped cookie cutters available. Your Excavating Adventurers can use these to cut fun shapes out of the Peeps Playdough.
- Add the Peeps, flour, and Crisco to a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and stir the ingredients together.
- Heat in short intervals of 15 seconds if additional softening of the ingredients is needed.
- Once you are unable to stir the ingredients with the spoon, remove the Peeps Playdough from the bowl and knead with your hands.
- If the Peeps Playdough is sticky, add extra flour a little at a time.
- Fold some jelly beans into the dough.
- Provide a clean surface and allow your young Excavating Adventurers to explore the Peeps Playdough and discover the hidden jelly beans.
Pro tip: Encourage younger Excavating Adventurers to sort the jelly beans by color.
Pro tip: This is a fun and easy little sensory excavation activity that is very inexpensive. You can even make different colored batches of Peeps Playdough by using different colors of Peeps!