JELLY BEAN SENSORY SEARCH
- Large mixing bowl
- Several bags of jelly beans. These are pretty inexpensive. You can also get them on clearance after Easter for almost nothing!
- 12 Plastic eggs
- Small items to put in the eggs. You will want to pick something that will intrigue your child. Legos, coins, Easter themed trinkets, small plastic animals and characters are all great choices! You can even purchase plastic eggs that are already filled with toys and treats.
- Optional - If you are going to use this as a sorting activity, draw several circles on a blank sheet of printer paper. You can then encourage your Excavating Adventurer to organize items of similar shape and color into the circles.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Fill the eggs with different colored items and items with different shapes. Then encourage your young Excavating Adventurers to sort and organize their finds!
- Fill the plastic eggs with your chosen excavating items.
- Place them in the mixing bowl.
- Fill the bowl with jelly beans and let your Excavating Adventurer begin exploring!
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: You can even encourage younger Excavating Adventurers to sort the jelly beans by color.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Add an educational component by filling the eggs with numbers and letters. You can easily write these on pieces of paper, or number and letter refrigerator magnets work great too! This is a fun and easy little sensory excavation activity that is very inexpensive.