Easter Egg Oobleck Excavation Activity
How to Make Oobleck into an Easy Easter Egg Excavation Activity
Why Hide Easter Eggs in Oobleck?
Are you ready to embark on an epic adventure that will lead you on a journey of discovery through the mysteries of the earth? Look no further than Dig Zone - the ultimate destination for young explorers!
As a member of Dig Zone, you'll have access to a world of excitement and wonder, from thrilling earth science trivia games to immersive virtual mining experiences that let you dig for rare and unique specimens from the comfort of your own home. And with live sessions led by our expert Excavating Adventures guides, you'll have the chance to learn from the best and discover new insights about the fascinating world of geology.
But that's not all - every time you participate in Dig Zone activities, you'll earn points that can be redeemed for amazing Excavating Adventures products, all for free! From rock and mineral collections to excavation kits and more, the possibilities for adventure are endless.
So what are you waiting for? Join Dig Zone today and let your inner explorer run wild as you journey through the wonders of the earth!
How to Make the Easter Oobleck Excavation
- 6 cups cornstarch
- 3 cup water
- Easter grass
- Bin or tray
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Items to be hidden in the Easter eggs and oobleck. Cute little plastic bunnies are a lot of fun but any small items will work. Disassembled Lego mini figs are really cool as they can be built once all the pieces are discovered. Tumbled stones and coins are also fun options.
- Optional: Pastel colored washable paint.
- Mix the cornstarch and water with your hands.
- Feel free to add more water or cornstarch as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Mix in some washable paint to get your desired color.
- Put some excavation items in your plastic eggs and add in some oobleck.
- Place the Easter eggs into the bin. You may also want to scatter some items in the bottom of the bin.
- Pour the Easter oobleck into the bin and cover the items. The eggs may want to float but that is ok!
- Add a layer of Easter grass to the surface of the oobleck.
- Allow your Excavating Adventurers to dive in and enjoy the Easter Oobleck Excavation.
More Excavating Fun with Oobleck
Once the Easter oobleck has been enjoyed, hide some new items in the goo. Allow the oobleck to dry and you now have a whole new excavation activity to enjoy. Provide your Excavating Adventurers with safety glasses and some age appropriate tools and let them dig in and chisel out the hidden items. The dried oobleck pieces can then be reconstituted by simply adding more water!
So if you're looking for a fun and educational activity that's sure to spark your child's curiosity, why not give an oobleck excavation a try? With its endless possibilities for discovery and sensory engagement, it's a surefire hit with kids of all ages. Don't wait - learn more and try it for yourself!
Sensory and Imaginative Play Time with the Easter Oobleck
Looking for an exciting and educational adventure that will ignite your child's imagination and curiosity? Look no further than Excavating Adventures - the ultimate monthly subscription box for young explorers!
Our STEM-based science experiments take kids on thrilling journeys to fictional locations filled with rocks, minerals, fossils, and other exciting specimens that can't be found in any store-bought excavation kit. With each monthly subscription, children have the opportunity to dig and uncover 120 different rare and unique specimens, all while learning valuable scientific concepts through hands-on exploration.
But that's not all! Subscribers also gain access to free live sessions with our Excavating Adventures guides, who are there to provide guidance and answer any questions your child may have during their excavation journey.
So, whether your child dreams of discovering a rare mineral or uncovering the bones of a prehistoric creature, Excavating Adventures is the perfect way to ignite their passion for science and exploration. Sign up today and let the adventure begin!