DIY EASTER GRASS SLIME SEARCH
This super quick and easy tutorial will show you how to make a DIY Easter Grass Slime Search activity. These slime search excavation activities are a lot of fun to make and your Excavating Adventurers will love diving in and discovering the hidden items inside this cool and unique slime.
- 4 cups clear Elmer's School Glue
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Borax Powder, plus 1 cup water
- 1 Gallon ziplock freezer bag
- Easter grass
- Bin or tray
- The items to be hidden in the slime for the search. Cute little plastic bunnies are a lot of fun but any small items will work.
- Optional: Food coloring, paint, glitter and other fun ways to customize your slime.
Check out our awesome $1 excavation offers by clicking the image below.
- Cut the Easter grass into roughly one inch long pieces.
- Pour the glue and 4 cups of water into the ziplock bag and mix well.
- Add the pieces of Easter grass to the baggie with the glue and water mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup warm water and the Borax powder and mix until the powder is dissolved.
- Add four tablespoons of the Borax solution in the ziplock freezer bag and mix until slime begins to form. Add additional Borax solution one tablespoon at a time if you need to thicken your slime. You will know your slime is ready when it starts to pull away from the side of the ziplock bag.
- Pour the Easter Grass Slime into the bin or tray.
- Hide the excavation items in the slime.
- Allow your Excavating Adventurers to dive in and enjoy the DIY Easter Grass Slime Search!
Pro tip: Have little sandwich baggies readily available and send guests home with their own batch of Easter Grass Slime.
I hope you enjoyed this super quick tutorial and had fun creating your own DIY Easter Grass Slime Search to investigate and explore. This slime search excavation activity is very easy to make, a lot of fun, and kids love exploring the slime!
If you love rocks, geology, and excavating as much as we do, be sure to check out our Excavating Adventures monthly subscription by clicking the link below and get an awesome new excavation delivered each month loaded with rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils, and more!