Did you know you can have the fun of a snow day any day of the year with our Snow Day Dig excavation activity? This excavation is super easy to put together, inexpensive, and a lot of fun for the little ones.
What you'll need:
Container - I like a good sized tray that is easy for a child to reach inside but has high enough sides to help contain messes.
Small spoon - This will be our snow shovel
Excavation items - I love little cold weather animals, but you can put anything you like!
1. Simply add equal parts cornstarch and baking soda in your bowl. Mix until the two are combined with your fingers. (It's fun and feels cool!)
2. Slowly add a small amount of water. You want to add just enough water so that your mixture will become easy to form into little balls.
3. Now loosen and break up your mixture until it looks like snow.
4. Hide your snow animals or other items under your fake snow.
5. Give your little one the snow shovel (plastic spoon) and allow them to discover the items.
6. Allow them to enjoy the fake snow and animals!
Enjoy sensory play activities and excavations? Several of our Excavating Adventures excavations use kinetic sand. You can explore these kits and more by clicking the link below!
If you love excavating as much as we do, be sure to check out our Excavating Adventures monthly subscription by clicking the link below and get an awesome new excavation delivered each month loaded with rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils, and more!