SUPER SHARK TOOTH TREK
In this quick and inexpensive tutorial, we are going to show you how to make a Super Shark Tooth Trek excavation activity. These excavations are super easy to make and are a great teaching resource to include in your next lesson or discussion about sharks, the ocean, marine biology, and more.
Want a free Shark Tooth Mini Dig? Be sure to check out our free Digital Dig virtual gem mining. Answer trivia and earn points you can redeem for free rocks, minerals, fossils, seashells, excavation kits and more!
Plaster of Paris
Popsicle sticks – Popsicle sticks are inexpensive, readily available, and make great excavation tools.
Safety goggles or glasses – You we need to provide or borrow a set for each student.
Optional – Brushes and magnifying glasses.
Empty Altoids Tin
Shark teeth - You can buy these online or if you are lucky you may have a beach to explore and find free shark teeth.
Check out hundreds of exciting and unique dig kits! Excavating Adventures has a kit for everyone. Explore dig kits filled with rocks, minerals, fossils, gemstones, seashells, and more!
- Place some shark teeth in the tin.
- Mix 1 cups sand with 1/3 cup Plaster of Paris.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and mix until you have a pancake batter consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the shark’s teeth.
- Place the Super Shark Tooth Trek in front of a fan overnight until it is completely dry.
- Distribute the excavation, excavation tools, and safety goggles to your Excavating Adventurer and have fun watching them dig in and discover the awesome shark teeth you have hidden inside.
Take some time to explore the Excavating Adventures website. We have monthly excavations that get delivered right to your door, Build Your Own excavations, a blog filled with amazing excavation ideas, trivia, tons of free stuff and much, much, more!