SAND SLIME SENSORY SEASHELL DISCOVERY
In this fun and easy activity for kids, we’re going to use a simple recipe to make super cool sand slime and go on a sensory search to discovery seashells.
- Sand (You can use colored sand to make your slime even more unique!)
- Clear glue
- Liquid starch
- Measuring spoon
- Measuring cups
- Craft stick
- Optional - lotion (Using liquid starch as the activator to make slime can often cause the slime to be sticky. Rub a little lotion into your hands and the slime will not stick.)
Assorted small and medium sized seashells. You could also use small plastic ocean animals.
Subscribe to Excavating Adventures YouTube channel and enjoy our super easy and fun DIY excavation videos!
Check out our awesome $1 excavation offers by clicking the image below.
- Add ½ cup of clear glue to the bowl.
- Next add in ½ cup of water and mix well with your craft stick.
- Now add two or three tablespoons of sand into the glue mixture and mix well.
- Add ½ cup of liquid starch and mix until your slime begins to form and begins pulling away from the side of your bowl.
- Add in your seashells and let the sand slime sensory seashell search begin!
I hope you enjoyed this super quick tutorial and had fun creating your own sand slime to investigate and explore. This sensory slime is very easy to make and children have lots of fun discovering the seashells hidden inside.
Pro tip: Use this activity to create some excitement around discussions or lessons about seashells, oceans, marine animals, and more!
If you love rocks, geology, and excavating as much as we do, be sure to check out our Excavating Adventures monthly subscription by clicking the link below and get an awesome new excavation delivered each month loaded with rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils, and more!