ROCK ACID TEST
In this fun and easy geology science experiment, we’re going to learn how to perform an easy rock acid test.
- Several different rocks
- A piece of limestone
- Several glass jars or clear bowls
Check out our awesome $1 excavation offers by clicking the image below.
- Place each different rock in a glass jar. Make sure the limestone is also in a glass jar.
- Fill each jar with vinegar and try to cover each rock at least half way.
- Allow several minutes to pass and observe what happens.
- Does the vinegar react with the limestone or any of the other rocks?
I hope you enjoyed this super quick tutorial and had fun learning how to perform a simple and easy rock acid test.
Pro tip: Use this activity to create some excitement around discussions or lessons about geology, and identifying rocks and minerals!
If you love rocks, geology, and excavating as much as we do, be sure to check out our Excavating Adventures monthly subscription by clicking the link below and get an awesome new excavation delivered each month loaded with rocks, minerals, gemstones, fossils, and more!