EASY COLOR RICE SENSORY SEARCH
- Uncooked white rice
- Six zip close baggies
- Measuring cup
- Washable colored paints
- Six small bins or trays
- Excavation items - Small plastic toys and animals are perfect. Just make sure the items you include do not have any sharp edges. Wooden blocks or larger plastic Lego style building bricks are also fun.
- As mentioned above, be sure to have an assortment of fun cups, containers, and other utensils to use to explore the colored rice.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Add an assortment of excavation items to the colored rice, making sure some are similar in color or some other attribute. Encourage your young Excavating Adventurer to sort the items they discover. For example, you could have a lot of red wooden blocks to be sorted by color or a lot of square wooden blocks to be sorted by shape mixed in with other items.
- Place two cups of rice in each baggie.
- Add a small amount of paint to each baggie insuring you have a different color in each one. Feel free to make as many or few colors as you like!
- Zip the baggies closed and shake until the rice is covered in paint. Add more paint if needed to completely cover the rice.
- Pour each baggie of colored rice into its own tray to dry. You can place the colored rice in front of a fan to speed up the drying process.
- Once dry, hide your excavation items in the colored rice.
- Allow you your Excavating Adventurer to dig in an start discovering!
Pro tip: Store the rice in dry zip lock baggies to use for future activities.