UNICORN RESCUE EDIBLE EXCAVATION
In this super fun, easy, and inexpensive tutorial, we are going to make an edible excavation that the young Excavating Adventurers in your life will love. This Unicorn Rescue Edible Excavation is a spin on good old fashioned Rice Krispies Treats, but we add a fun Excavating Adventures spin. We’ll take this tasty treat and turn it into a delicious sticky rainbow world to explore and discover the yummy gummy unicorns we have hidden inside.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Don’t have any gummy unicorns? No problem! You can easily use gummy bears or gummy worms and let your young Excavating Adventurers imagination take over. They will enjoy the edible excavation no matter what you hide inside.
6 Tbsp salted butter
6 cups mini marshmallows – Mini marshmallows melt easier than the larger ones.
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
Gummy unicorns – You can often find these at candy shops, but they may be easier to find online.
1 cup of Fruity Pebbles cereal
13 x 9 x 2-inch pan
Measuring cups and spoons
Plastic spoons, forks, and knives. These will be the excavation tools.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat.
- Add the mini marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies and Fruity Pebbles cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Coat the 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Using a buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press a thin layer of mixture into the pan.
- Quickly scatter gummy unicorns in the pan and press another layer of Rice Krispies mixture on top.
- Allow to cool.
- Cut into 2-inch squares. The Unicorn Rescue Edible Excavation is best if served the same day.
- Distribute the “excavation tools” and encourage the Excavating Adventurers to dig in and discover the gummy unicorns as they become unicorn rescuers for the day.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Planning a unicorn themed birthday party? These Unicorn Rescue Edible Excavations are always a huge hit. Your birthday party guests will love digging into these delicious treats and discovering the gummy unicorns inside. You may also want to consider including our Birthday Digs in your celebration. Each no-prep kit is designed to excite and entertain birthday guest and is filled with real rocks and minerals, fossils, or seashells for your guests to discover and collect! We also have tons of DIY blog posts if you wanting to make your own edible excavations. Check them out and Happy Excavating!
Get a new dig kit every month delivered right to your door with an Excavating Adventures subscription.