GIFT CARD DISCOVERY DIG
In this quick and inexpensive tutorial, we are going to show you how to make a Gift Card Discovery Dig for the young Excavating Adventurer in your life to dig into and enjoy.
Excavating Adventure Pro Tip: Disguise this excavation activity so your Excavating Adventurer will not know there is a gift card hidden inside. You can suggest the excavation is a dino dig or maybe a gemstone dig. This will add an extra amount of excitement when they discover the gift card hidden inside. Be sure to explore the Excavating Adventures Blog for hundreds of other unique and easy DIY dig ideas you can do yourself at home.
Plaster of Paris
Popsicle stick, wooden dowels, brushes, magnifying glass, and safety goggles. These will be the excavation tools and safety equipment your Excavating Adventurer will need to explore and enjoy their excavation.
Quart size freezer bag
Metal gift card box, but you can use any container you choose should you not have one of these available.
A Gift Card Discovery Dig makes a fun and unique birthday gift! And if you're planning a birthday party, you may want to check out our selection of birthday party dig kits. These kits are designed to entertain and educate a group of birthday party guests. We also have a huge assortment of excavation and dig kits that make great birthday gifts.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: Feel free to add extra items and not just coins to go with the gift card. You can include little plastic toys, gemstones, fossils, and pretty much anything that you think would make the excavation more fun. Just be sure the items will fit in the container you choose to use for the Gift Card Discovery Dig.
- Place the gift card in the freezer gab. Push all the air out of the freezer bag and seal the bag securely. Once the baggie is sealed, place it in the bottom of the gift card tin. Place a decent amount of coins on top of the gift card. This will help keep it from floating once the excavation is poured and will also give your Excavating Adventurer some more fun stuff to discover.
- Mix 1 cups sand with 1/3 cup Plaster of Paris.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and mix until you have a pancake batter consistency.
- Pour the mixture over the gift card in the tin.
- Gently tap the sides on the pie pan to settle and level out the mixture. Push the gift card back down into the mixture should it try to float to the surface.
- Optional – Sprinkle glitter over the surface of the excavation.
- Place the excavation in front of a fan overnight until it dries completely.
- Wrap the Gift Card Discovery Dig in wrapping paper or put it in a gift bag. Be sure to include the excavation tools and safety goggles.
- Give the Gift Card Discovery Dig to your Excavating Adventure and let them dig in and discover the gift card you have hidden inside.
Excavating Adventures Pro Tip: DIY excavation make great birthday party activities and party favors. Be sure to explore our blog filled with an extensive assortment of DIY excavations and more and send the guests at your next birthday party on an awesome Excavating Adventure you made just for them to dig in and enjoy!
Be sure to check out our inexpensive and exciting monthly excavation subscription options. Our fun and exciting monthly subscription for kids delivers new rocks, minerals, fossils, and more to be discovered, identified, and collected every month. Sign up today and send your child on an awesome Excavating Adventure!