EASTER OOBLECK EXCAVATION
- 6 cups cornstarch
- 3 cup water
- Easter grass
- Bin or tray
- Plastic Easter eggs
- Items to be hidden in the Easter eggs and oobleck. Cute little plastic bunnies are a lot of fun but any small items will work. Disassembled Lego mini figs are really cool as they can be built once all the pieces are discovered. Tumbled stones and coins are also fun options.
- Optional: Pastel colored washable paint.
- Mix the cornstarch and water with your hands.
- Feel free to add more water or cornstarch as needed to reach the desired consistency.
- Mix in some washable paint to get your desired color.
- Put some excavation items in your plastic eggs and add in some oobleck.
- Place the Easter eggs into the bin. You may also want to scatter some items in the bottom of the bin.
- Pour the Easter oobleck into the bin and cover the items. The eggs may want to float but that is ok!
- Add a layer of Easter grass to the surface of the oobleck.
- Allow your Excavating Adventurers to dive in and enjoy the Easter Oobleck Excavation.
Pro tip: Once the Easter oobleck has been enjoyed, hide some new items in the goo. Allow the oobleck to dry and you now have a whole new excavation activity to enjoy. Provide your Excavating Adventurers with safety glasses and some age appropriate tools and let them dig in and chisel out the hidden items. The dried oobleck pieces can then be reconstituted by simply adding more water!