DIY JURASSIC WORLD DIG KIT
- Plaster of Paris
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Jurassic World toys. As mentioned above you can use any dinosaur themed items.
- A container in which to pour the excavation. This will need to be big enough to fit the toys. You can use plastic containers or cookie tins.
- Excavation tools. Wooden dowels and other blunt instruments work well. Sharp tools are unsafe and not necessary as the excavations are reasonably brittle and excavate easily.
- Safety goggles
- Small brush
Pro tip: Get some real amber and add to the excavation. Not only is an awesome specimen for your excavating adventurer to add to their collection, but aligns with the Jurassic Park storyline where the dinosaurs for the park were created from DNA found in an insect in amber. Too fun!
Subscribe to Excavating Adventures YouTube channel and enjoy our super easy and fun DIY excavation videos!
- Put one cup of sand in your mixing bowl.
- Add one-third cup Plaster of Paris.
- Use the wooden spoon to mix the sand and Plaster of Paris.
- Add one-third cup of water and mix.
- Keep adding small amounts of water until you reach a pancake like batter consistency.
- Add your toys and dinosaurs into your container.
- Pour a layer of the mixture into the container to cover the items.
- Gently tap the sides of the container to remove any air bubbles. This will also allow a little mixture under the toys.
- Set the DIY Jurassic World Dig Kit in a safe location to dry undisturbed overnight. I like to put the excavation in front of a fan.
Pro tip: There are numerous vehicles in Jurassic World themed playsets. Use these vehicles to decorate the surface of your DIY Jurassic World Dig Kit. Once all of the items have been dug up, there will be plenty of debris and rubble to race the vehicles through as they escape the pursuing dinosaurs!
Now the DIY Jurassic World Dig Kit is ready to be enjoyed. Find an area that is easy to clean up, distribute the safety goggles and excavation tools, and let the excavating begin.
EARN FREE GEMSTONES, FOSSILS, ROCKS, AND MORE HERE!