CUP OF NOODLES NOVELTY DIG
- Plaster of Paris
- Mixing bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups
- Excavation tools. For this excavation we suggest using a set of chopsticks to keep with the fun theme. The excavation is reasonably brittle and will excavate easily so the chopsticks will work perfectly. Should you run into difficulties excavating, simply add a little water and the excavation will soften.
- Safety goggles
- Small brush
- Excavation items - pick whatever you want for this fun activity. Just make sure it will fit in the Cup Of Noodles container and will not puncture the sides.
- Empty Cup Of Noodles container. Be sure to gently peel off the label/lid. You can reattach this to the cup once the excavation is complete to make your Cup Of Noodles Novelty Dig look awesome.
Pro tip: Save a bunch of Cup Of Noodle containers and make a big batch of these dig kits. These are great for a fun family night activity.
- Put one cup of sand in your mixing bowl.
- Add one-third cup Plaster of Paris.
- Use the wooden spoon to mix the sand and Plaster of Paris.
- Add one-third cup of water and mix.
- Keep adding small amounts of water until you reach a pancake like batter consistency.
- Add your excavation items to the Cup Of Noodles cup.
- Pour a layer of the mixture into the Cup Of Noodles to cover the excavation items.
- Gently tap the sides of the container to remove any air bubbles. This will also allow a little mixture under the excavation items.
- Optional - Sprinkle some dry crushed up ramen noodles across the surface of the wet excavation to give it a cool look.
- Set the Cup Of Noodles Novelty Dig in a safe location to dry undisturbed overnight. I like to put the excavation in front of a fan.
- Optional - Reattach the label/lid with a little glue. This will make your excavation look just like a real Cup Of Noodles!
Pro tip: Now that you know Styrofoam containers make great excavation activity containers that peel away easily, keep your eye out for uniquely shaped Styrofoam that you could use for future excavation activities.
Now the Cup Of Noodles Novelty Dig is ready to be enjoyed. Find an area that is easy to clean up, distribute the safety goggles, excavations, and excavation tools and let the excavating begin.
Pro tip: For younger excavating adventurers, instead of pouring a regular excavation, you can hide the excavation items in kinetic sand. You can then encourage them to dig around and explore with the chopsticks to see what they can find. They may even learn to use the chopsticks to recover the items!